Sarah Blackwell, Holistic Health Coach teaches people how to easily integrate raw living foods into their diet and lifestyle. Sarah teaches local classes, co…
The More you Know: Kale-Berry Smoothie Recipe If youre like many of us, you probably dont like to drink vegetables. Phoenix White shows you how to make a K…
This video is about Banana, Chia Seed & Kale Smoothie Its Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Low Fat, Vegan – Full of vitamins and great flavor. This is for 2 people …
By Paul Tarbath
With juicing you basically get just the juice from the fruits and vegetables minus all the pulp, or fiber. They are very popular with many raw foodists and also those who are into healthy living.
- More nutrient dense
- Tend to have more variety of vegetables in green juices
- Generally green juices cost more ingredient wise to make than a smoothie
- Fruit juices can cause blood sugar issues due to lack of fibre
- Juices move quickly through the digestive system due to it being a liquid so nutrient absorption could be compromised
- You can feel hungrier more quickly, after a juice due to the lack of bulk from having no fibre
With smoothies, you get all of the vegetable and fruit flesh including the fiber (pulp). They are perfect for meal times and can keep you going for many hours. Many people attest to their great health benefits especially when they allow people to eat larger amounts of healthy foods that they otherwise could not physically do. Improved digestion and elimination are also benefits.
- Tend to cost less to make ingredient wise than juices
- Promote good digestion and regular elimination due to fiber content
- Are a quick and easy, highly calorific meal
- Promote blood sugar stability (due to fiber)
- High speed smoothie makers/blenders can introduce heat/oxygen into the smoothie making process so causing heat damage/oxidation; and so a loss of nutrients
Todays green smoothie is not only super healthy, its very easy to make as well….
1. As a low fat raw vegan diet is the healthiest dietary option, it is worth mentioning that when you make a smoothie, adding overt fats to the ingredients such as avocados, coconut flesh, nuts or seeds should always be done within the rules of food combining for optimum health, digestion and absorption. The consuming of overt fats should always be at the last meal of the day.
2. Oxalic acid is a much talked about subject, especially with regards to leafy greens. It is known that consuming too much oxalic acid through the food that we eat can have a negative impact on the body as it chemically combines with other minerals that the body needs, such as calcium and magnesium and so effectively steals the body of their nutritional value. Greens such as spinach, parsley and purslane are some of the vegetables that you should use some caution due to their raised levels of oxalic acid.
3. High speed blenders are very efficient at making smoothies with any consistency you desire, though due to their power they can draw in oxygen to your smoothie which will oxidize its contents and so lower the nutritional value. To avoid this, try using a lower setting that does not make the smoothie ingredients thrash around inside the blender, or perhaps use a hand blender instead.
4. You gain the maximum benefit from freshly made juices or smoothie, otherwise they will begin to oxidize and the loss of nutrients will occur. If this is not possible for you to make and drink the smoothie/juice right away, then keeping them in a cool fridge until you are ready to drink them is another option, although further oxidation does occur this way.
So, as you can see there are a number of positives and negatives with regards to both ways of processing your fruits and vegetables. Fruit or green smoothies with fruits are a great way to get the calories you need every day, including when transitioning to a raw food diet. Other people rave about the benefits they receive from drinking concentrated green juices.
We hope this article has given you something to think about when you next decide to have a smoothie or juice, and so are in a better position to make an informed choice.
Visit our website at: http://www.rawsomehealthy.com where you can find out even more about what healthy living really means and how you and your loved ones can be free of disease!
Let me tell you a little story: Nine years ago, after my first pregnancy, I was sick and tired of being sick and tired all the time. Each fall, I would dread the upcoming flu season. I knew that I would be miserable most of the winter, with one cold after another, each lasting for weeks. I also developed seasonal allergies, although I had never suffered from any allergies before. And it wasn’t just me being miserable. My son suffered from terrible eczema all over his body since infancy.
I knew I needed to change something, but at that time I wasn’t really sure what to do. I started searching for information, and I became more and more interested in how nutrition affects our health. I became convinced that it is much more important than most people give it credit for.
My first enlightening moment was when my son was cured from his terrible eczema in a matter of a couple of days. After trying almost everything, including prescription ointments and medications, seeing several specialists, finally one wise doctor suggested that he may be allergic to milk. Once I stopped giving him milk, his skin healed and he finally stopped feeling itchy all the time. The transformation was amazing, so I decided to dig even deeper.
I started learning about the importance of high consumption of leafy greens, raw fruits and vegetables, and I quickly convinced that I need to eat lots of these foods every day. Unfortunately, despite my dedication, it was not easy. I felt like my life was centered about food – buying, cleaning, chopping, and chewing. It took much more time than I wanted to spend on such tasks.
When I learned about green smoothies, I was truly excited to try them as a solution to my problems. Unfortunately, the blender I owned at that time didn’t rise to the challenge. The smoothies that were coming out were barely palatable. I wanted really nutritious smoothies, with kale, celery, and other tough greens and vegetable, but the poor machine just could not handle it.
I taped this demo and then bought the machine! It is amazing!! I’ve never had anything like it… blows all old blenders away. I am already eating healthier. So easy to use, especially for someone who doesn’t cook at all… worth every penny.
The real breakthrough came after I purchased a high power, super blender, Vitamix 5200. When I made my first green smoothie, I was elated. It was so smooth and creamy – I could not taste any tough greens at all. My son loved it, too. This was four years ago, and I have to tell you – I have used my Vitamix every day since then, and I haven’ been sick since. Even though it seemed like an expensive investment in a small kitchen appliance, it has proven itself to be money well spent.
If you are looking for easy green smoothie recipes for beginners and more information about [http://greenreset.com/best-smoothie-blender-preparing-green-smoothies/]best blender for your smoothies, visit my site, GreenReset.com.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Joanna_Verdan
Heres a perfect kale themed Nutribullet weight loss recipe with a punch of protein to even it out. Not only is this recipe good for weight loss, it makes a great hunger buster and appetite suppressant.
How to Make an Aloe Vera Kale Smoothie from this original recipe! http:kalesmoothierecipes.comaloe-vera-kale-smoothie
Chef Bruno: THE REAL DEAL Cooking show. Find your favorite recipes: httpwww.brunoskitchen.net.
Be sure to "like" this video & subscribe to my channel for more vlogs & cooking videos. http:www.youtube.comsubscription_center?add_user=mokobrownvegan No…
Hey Guys!!! So recently I have been obsessed with the Mighty Kale Smoothie from Jugo Juice. IT IS LITERALLY DELICIOUS. So I decided to do a recipe video on i…
In this video I share a healthy smoothie recipe that will help provide energy throughout the day. Its a very simple recipe, only five ingredients, and it on…
This is an experiment, Im sure it will work and be very convenient. Because the enzymes are still alive this frozen kale should probably only be kept in the…
Get the recipe at: http:www.OrganicGreenSmoothies.com or http:www.BestCommercialBlender.com Vitamix Free Shipping Code: 06-004880 My "Go To" Organic Gree…