By Marc S
The best blender is one that does everything you need it to do and a bit more. Blenders can be multifunctional kitchen appliances that are used to create smoothies, shakes, soups, dips and dressings. The best blenders have enough power to make crushed ice, and some even are so powerful that they can make fresh peanut butter.
To determine which blender is best for you you first need to ask yourself, “What will I use it for?” Once you have answered this question then here are a few things to consider when shopping for your blender.
- Review your wants and needs – What do you want to do with your blender? Answering this question will help you decide what kind of blender you should be looking at. For example, if you want to use ice cubes and hard frozen fruit then you will need one that can handle this process well, i.e., has more power.
- Blender power – The more horsepower / watts, the more powerful the blender will be. The advantages: your fruit and vegetable drinks will be creamier and smoother, and if it has enough power you will be able to make fresh peanut butter from peanuts. Or you can turn ice cubes into crushed ice for frozen drinks.
- Blender speed – Blender power is more important than speed. You don’t really need a 10 speed blender. Most jobs can be done with just three speeds and a pulse option.
- Blender blade – They are either integrated into the pitcher or are detachable. Detachable blender blades can be easier to clean, e.g., when making thicker sauces. However the more moving parts the greater the chance for leaks and wear and tear. Most high-end blender pitchers have integrated blades. Blender blades come in different shapes, widths and lengths too. Blender blades are two, four or six pronged.
- Blender pitcher/jar – They need to funnel food or liquid down to the blades to provide an even blend and mix. Common material used for blender pitchers are glass, polycarbonate and stainless steel. Each manufacturer has their own graded material; some are brake resistant, dishwasher safe, scratch resistant and commercially rated. Glass blender pitchers are much heavier than polycarbonate pitchers but are also less scratch resistant. Stainless steel might look sleek and does not break, but you can not see what is inside. Some blender pitchers are wider than others. When working with food wider is generally better, less clogging.
- Blender pitcher/jar capacity – Most range in pitcher capacity size from 40 to 64 ounces (1.2 – 1.9 liters). If possible, always buy a larger blender pitcher. You do not want your blender to overflow. Your family size or portion size might be an important factor when deciding, which is the best blender for your needs and lifestyle, e.g., baby food, entertaining friends, or preparing meals for the entire week.
- Blender pulse – Blenders with a pulse button can be used for crushing ice and can prevent over mixing or over processing, therefore providing more individual control.
- Blender design – Most machines are countertop units, so remain displayed on kitchen countertops. Aesthetics are very important for many; however remember if your blender does not do what you need it to do you will not use it. Some come in various colors. Note, some are very tall and therefore don’t fit under standard cabinets.
- Blender type – They fall in one of three categories: home blender, professional blender and commercial blender. Most professional units are for home use, for frequent use. Some are professional bar blenders mainly for mixing drinks, some might be commercial certified. Commercial units are certified for commercial usage.
- Blender warranty – They vary from one-year to seven-years. Most professional blenders have the longest warranties. Some brands provide longer warranty on the motor than pitcher.
- Savings – Blenders can save you time, money and space. Blenders can save you time by easily chopping and mixing up food for your meals – a quick way to make a healthy meal or drink. Blenders can save you money by giving you the option of eating and drinking healthier instead of spending money on fast-food. And in some cases blenders can replace other kitchen appliances and thereby not only saving you money but also saving you cupboard or kitchen countertop space.
- Healthy lifestyle – Making a rich and notorious smoothie with fresh ingredients only takes a few minutes, and is the healthier option than most processed and fast-foods.
- Versatility – If eating fresh food or drinking fresh shakes as often as possible is important to you then a blender can enrich your cooking and preparation experience. Many different ingredients can easily be mixed together and blended into incredible drinks, dips, sauces, dressings, and soups. Some blenders are even that powerful to turn nuts into butters, or whole wheat grains into fresh powdery flour.
Reason why: If your blender does not meet your expectations and needs you will not use it, and/or your blender has deficiencies, here too, you will not use it. The right blender will do a lot for you and you will use it regularly for a very long time.
Marc S. is passionate about blending and out of frustration, due to the lack of quality information on the subject of blenders and blending, he created Best Blenders, http://www.best-blenders.net.
(c) Copyright – Best Blenders. All Rights Reserved Worldwide.
You may also like:
Oster 16 Speed Blender Review and Soon to be Famous Magic ElixirHow to Make a Green Smoothie in the Dynablend Blender using 3 IngredientsNutribullet Review NBR-12 Hi-Speed Blender/Mixer System and Organic Green Smoothie RecipeThe Best Blender Is Not Only Great for Green Smoothies – What Else Can a Blender Make?The Ninja Ultima Blender Review and Green Smoothie RecipeNUTRI NINJA PRO VS THE NUTRIBULLET 900 COMPARISON REVIEWVitamix Series 200 Blender for All Your Blending NeedsBest Blender for Smoothies: The Story of My Discovery